GWA is offering:
* Permanent employment * Good working conditions *
* Attractive salary *
* Training & Development *
Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) is a progressive and established rail owner and operator in South Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory with over 600 employees. GWA owns and operates the 2,200km Tarcoola to Darwin rail road, and operates on a number of New South Wales and regional South Australian railroads servicing bulk minerals and agricultural customers. GWA is 51% owned by G&W Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed entity (NYSE: GWR) and 49% owned by a consortium of funds and clients managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful Track Maintainer Team Leader role will be based a the Kilburn depot and be responsible for the planning, allocation and supervision of the track gang as well as being accountable for the completion of job orders in a timely manner. One of the main aspects of the role consists of the overall supervision of the team including both a hands on and mentoring approach to track infrastructure works and WHS requirements. The successful candidate would also need to reside in Adelaide and work over a 40 hour week, Monday to Friday.
Safety is GWA’s number one priority and we are seeking candidates that want to contribute to our already strong safety culture. A strong ability to prioritise in accordance with changing demands along with strong written and oral communication skills is pivotal to the success of this role. Candidates will need to demonstrate previous track infrastructure team leader experience, be able to demonstrate computer proficiency and hold a Certificate II or III in Rail Infrastructure.
- Ensure all track workers weekly timesheets are completed within required timeframe and accurately reflect the work and hours performed.
- Ensure teams follow appropriate procedures for the work being carried out, including Daily Vehicle Inspections, Pre-work Briefs, Take 5 forms, JSA’s, Near Misses and other forms required through GWA procedures.
- Take appropriate actions to manage fatigue within the team and be aware and alert to identify if team members are displaying signs of fatigue during works.
- Ensure team members are working safely, providing coaching to track workers if safety breaches are identified.
- Ensure equipment required for the tasks are inspected prior to use, are safe and fit for purpose. Advise Superintendent of any repairs and/or replacements required.
- Ensuring that all business activities and employees within the position’s area of control comply with all legislative/statuary obligations, company policies, standards and procedures, including:
- Railway Safety Management
- Occupational safety and health
- Environmental Management
- Equal opportunity
- Oversee projects and supervise the day-to-day operations of the track gang.
- Implement and oversee construction or maintenance work procedures and processes to ensure compliance with appropriate standards.
- Work group leaders will also plan and organise personal work activities and assume responsibility and control of documentation associated with their duties.
- Work group leaders will lead and develop a team, actively participate in the negotiation of team goals, allocation and completion of team tasks and provide prompt response to accident and emergency situations.
- Installing, maintaining and diagnosing and repairing faults in rail infrastructure in a maintenance environment.
GWA are seeking candidates that want to contribute to our already strong safety culture and have a strong ability to prioritise in accordance with changing demands. It is pivotal that you possess strong written and oral communication skills along with being able to demonstrate previous track infrastructure team leader experience, superior computer proficiency and hold a Certificate II or III in Rail Infrastructure. You will also need to be flexible and adaptable to all working conditions and are passionate about ensuring optimum team work and a a positive culture is evident in the workplace at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach a copy of your Cover Letter and Resume to your application. Also, please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page (You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section).
If you have a great rail safety record and would like to work for a progressive and innovative rail operator, we would love to hear from you.
For further enquiries please contact
Paul Baker, Track Manager on
08 8343 5405
Applications close Friday 16th February 2018
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No recruitment Agencies