- Do you want to start a new career in a unique industry where you get all the training you need to succeed? Then here is your chance!
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd (GWA) is a progressive and established rail owner and operator in South Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory with over 600 staff. Within Australia GWA owns and operates the 2,200km Tarcoola to Darwin railroad as well as a number of New South Wales and regional South Australian railroads servicing bulk minerals and agricultural customers.
GWA is offering:
* Permanent employment * Good working conditions *
* Attractive salary * Training & Development *
Exciting opportunities are available for individuals seeking a new career in Track Maintenance, to join our GWA Track team in Alice Springs.
The primary responsibilities of Track Maintainers is to carry out routine maintenance of the GWA track and associated infrastructure in accordance with maintenance requirements.
You will need to be willing and able to work an 11 days on, 3 days off roster travelling along the length of track between Tennant Creek and Tarcoola (1,400km of track). The successful candidate will reside in Alice Springs or near by, as we are looking for local talent. You will also be someone who is motivated, hardworking and enjoy being part of a close team.
Safety is GWA’s number one priority and we are seeking candidates that want to contribute to our already strong safety culture. An ability to prioritise in accordance with changing demands, along with excellent written and oral communication skills is pivotal in order to succeed in this role.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Basic computer proficiency
- Strong safety focus
- Excellent team work
- A hard working nature with attention to detail
- Previous track maintenance experience is not a requirement of this role
- Excavator and skid-steer licences are advantageous but not essential
For further enquiries please contact
Sonny Malaeulu, Track Superintendent on 0419 537 400
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace