Qualified Locomotive Driver - DUBBO
*Freightliner (a Genesee & Wyoming Company) is searching for a Qualified Locomotive Driverto join our team based in Dubbo *
Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) is offering:
* Attractive Collective Agreement * Permanent Full-time Employment *
GWA is a progressive and established rail company based in SA, NT and NSW, servicing the Hunter Valley coal supply chain and the 2,200km Tarcoola to Darwin rail road (which is owned by GWA). GWA also operates on a number of NSW and regional South Australian railroads servicing bulk minerals and agricultural customers. GWA is 51% owned by G&W Inc. and 49% owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and is highly regarded for its safety focus, operating expertise and financial strength.
You will be part of the train crew servicing our Hunter Valley coal operations.
You will work on highly technologically advanced locomotives and rollingstock, and will play a key role in the ongoing success of the operation.You will also be required to assist in our intermodal operations for the western region which involves operating trains between Western NSW and Sydney.
This is a 24/7 operation, therefore you must be willing to undertake shift work, and work on weekends and public holidays as part of a 24/7 roster.
To be successful you must posses:
- Locomotive Driver qualifications;
- Recent practical experience working on diesel locomotives;
- A basic working knowledge of safe-working procedures in a railway environment;
- A current unrestricted motor vehicle drivers licence;
- A strong commitment to following rules and operating safely;
- A flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic;
- A willingness to be part of a team.
- A positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude;
- Current NSW safeworking qualification (desirable);
- Qualification in Train Orders for the network (desirable);
If you have a great rail safety record and would like to work for a progressive and innovative rail operator, we would love to hear from you.
For further enquiries please contact
John Williams, Director of Operations on 0447 474 046.
Applications close Sunday, 11 June 2017
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace.