Genesee & Wyoming Company is searching for a Terminal Operator to join our team based in Berrimah.
Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) is offering:
* Attractive Salary & Enterprise Agreement * Permanent Full-time Employment *
Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) is a progressive and established rail owner and operator in South Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory with over 600 employees. GWA owns and operates the 2,200km Tarcoola to Darwin rail road, and operates on a number of New South Wales and regional South Australian railroads servicing bulk minerals and agricultural customers. GWA is 51% owned by G&W Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed entity (NYSE: GWR) and 49% owned by a consortium of funds and clients managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
ABOUT THE ROLE...
Terminal Operators are responsible for the coordination, planning, safe and efficient loading and unloading, of trains within the terminal or sidings in accordance with safe-working and operations procedures. They are also responsible for processing freight and operating documentation, undertaking train examination and brake testing activities and ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others within the workplace.
- Operating Forklifts and Reach Stackers to perform operational duties as required for container movement on and off the train.
- Participating in yard checking, ensuring load security is maintained and providing locomotive operational assistance for train movements.
- Ensuring forward planning of Terminal service requirements for scheduled trains involving conducting of basic marshalling activities.
- Performing train and equipment inspections upon the arrival and departure of each service and ensuring all relevant road and rail transit documentation has been completed and received.
You will be working and liaising in a collaborative team environment sharing innovative ideas to work on how to improve availability of adequate resources to cover all operational requirements. The successful applicant will also undertake duties that require terminal locomotive operations in accordance with terminal remote control operating procedures to ensure safeworking conditions. Alongside these duties, you will also perform Terminal Inductions when welcoming new employees and visitors on site as well as enter operational information into our internal Travel Management System.
To ensure ongoing skill development, you will progress to learn different competencies which could include shunting duties associated with arriving, departing, splitting and assembling of rollingstock as well as examining wagons and load shifting.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate that you have:
- Forklift licence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to identify and work through problems as well as adapt and embrace changes in the workplace.
- Motivation to be a team player who thinks ahead, enjoys a challenge and wants to build a career with us.
Please complete all of the required work & education history requested in the application to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact:
Shane Hennessy, NT Operations Manager on 0427 373 010
APPLY NOW !!!
Applications close Friday 30 June 2017
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
and has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace.