*Freightliner (a Genesee & Wyoming Company) is searching for a Qualified Locomotive Driver to join our team based in Newcastle *
Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) is offering:
* Permanent Full-time Employment *
Our company: GWA is a progressive and established rail owner and operator in South Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory with over 600 employees. GWA owns and operates the 2,200km Tarcoola to Darwin rail road and services the Hunter Valley coal supply chain. GWA also operates regional South Australian railroads servicing bulk minerals and agricultural customers. GWA is 51% owned by G&W Inc. and 49% owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and is highly regarded for its safety focus, operating expertise and financial strength.
You will be part of the train crew servicing our Hunter Valley coal operations.
You will work on highly technologically advanced locomotives and rollingstock, and will play a key role in the ongoing success of the operation. You will also be required to assist in our intermodal operations for the western region which involves operating trains between Western NSW and Sydney.
This is a 24/7 operation, therefore you must be willing to undertake shift work, work on weekends and public holidays as part of a 24/7 roster and may be required to work away from home.
To be successful you must possess:
- Locomotive Driver qualifications;
- Recent practical experience working on diesel locomotives;
- A basic working knowledge of safe-working procedures in a railway environment;
- A current unrestricted motor vehicle drivers licence;
- A strong commitment to following rules and operating safely;
- A flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic;
- A willingness to be part of a team.
- A positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude;
- Current NSW safeworking qualification (desirable);
- Qualification in Train Orders for the network (desirable);
If you have a great rail safety record and would like to work for a progressive and innovative rail operator, we would love to hear from you.
For further enquiries regarding this position please contact
Geoff Harragon, Operations Manager Hunter Valley on 0409 881 323.
Applications close Sunday, 12 July 2017
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace