- Full-time opportunity for an in-house ER/IR lawyer
- Excellent remuneration and conditions
- Newly created and unique role within a leading rail company
- Collaborative team environment
Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) is looking for a motivated legal professional with extensive experience in employment/industrial relations (ER/IR). Located at our corporate head office in Keswick, this is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, professional, well rounded Human Resources team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a newly created role that you can make your own. You will work with senior management in developing IR strategy nationally. Using your expansive IR skills and knowledge will be a key contributor in solving complex industrial issues.
Your primary focus will be on ER/IR, with responsibilities inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Providing accurate advice on ER/IR issues in accordance with the relevant workplace laws and instruments.
- Undertaking workplace investigations.
- Ensure process compliance regarding grievances and disciplinary action.
- Interpreting applicable EA's and Awards.
- Representing company at Fair Work mediation.
- Assisting with EA strategy in preparation for negotiations.
- Maintaining and amending documents that have legal application within the workplace including, Enterprise Agreements, policies, and employment contracts.
- Travel to interstate locations as required.
If you want to succeed in this role, you will have the ability to think laterally and have excellent problem solving skills. You may currently be part of a law firm and looking for an in-house opportunity or maybe you are a lawyer looking for a new challenge.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Be highly skilled in workplace relations and employment law.
- Be tertiary qualified in IR, Labour Relations, or Workplace Law.
- Have sound knowledge of contemporary IR/ER practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with an ability to develop creative and practical solutions in policy and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy in output;
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to urgent matters;
- Ability to work autonomously, taking responsible for the quality of your own work, as well as collaboratively, as part of a close team;
- Experience and knowledge of the rail or similar heavy industry is advantageous.
In return, you will receive:
- Above market remuneration
- Professional development opportunities
- Study Assistance available
- On site parking at our modern city fringe offices
Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) is a progressive and established rail owner and operator in South Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory with over 600 employees. GWA owns and operates the 2,200km Tarcoola to Darwin rail road, and operates on a number of New South Wales and regional South Australian railroads servicing bulk minerals and agricultural customers. GWA is 51% owned by G&W Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed entity (NYSE: GWR) and 49% owned by a consortium of funds and clients managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Please ensure you complete the requested work history & education information on the application page (You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) .This is to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
For further inquiries please contact Human Resources Department on
08 8343 5495 or email email@example.com
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace
No recruitment Agencies